Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nonstop Destination DCA

Since living in Atlanta, I've pretty much only had two choice of airlines: Delta and AirTran. With ATL as my originating and ending airport, I feel that I've been pretty lucky in terms of experiences with delays, etc. (This excluding Monday morning flights and Thursday evening flights that are padded extra hours). I guess I've been fortunate enough to have the flexibility in my schedule to fly around the crowds during holidays, God willing. So it was a disappointing realization this weekend while apartment hunting in DC that ATL is now going to be a layover for me. I did a quick search on a few of the travel search engines and have found that only US Air seems to offer nonstop service between TPA and DCA. Disappointing. While SkyMiles and FF programs aren't really worth anything these days, it is still nice to have nonstop service through the airlines that I've patronized over the last five years. Makes me realize how lucky one is when living in a hub city. I may soon become a patron of US Air. Or maybe I'll start flying in Dulles? (Nah.) In addition to Atlanta, I saw connections in Memphis, Detroit, and Charlotte. I think I've spent enough time in airports and would like to avoid layovers. US Air, you just got yourself a new customer.

No comments: