Monday, July 27, 2009

Apple Chiffon Review and Dreams

The cake turned out quite wonderful. My family and I quickly devoured half of it in a day's time and the rest of it got put into the freezer. Mom said that we were all going to become fatties if we didn't pace ourselves. She's right. I'm sure I've easily put on a few pounds here.

I have to say that there wasn't much apple taste to the cake. The apple sauce didn't quite give it that much apple oomph. It was really light and fluffy, though, the 6 eggs don't exactly make it a light cake. I didn't use all the sugar as called for in the recipe about 3/4 of it instead of the full amount. But for someone who's not big on really sweet desserts and leans towards fruitier desserts, it was really tasty. I may try a lemon chiffon in the future, but I'd like to figure out if I can skip out on the egg yolks if the recipe calls for 4 or 5 eggs.

On a totally unrelated note, I've been having these CRAZY dreams. Like the one KDavis has. The ones where you SWEAR its real and you're exhausted when you wake up.

My brother, F, has been playing a lot of zombie shooting games- Dead or Alive and Gears of War. Since my earthly retarded and klunkiness translates to being inept and uncoordinated when having too many button choices on video game controllers, I've abstained from playing. Last week, I had a dream about hiding from zombies. I remember very vividly hiding under the sink in a bathroom with F. For some reason the cabinets had been divided and we were really concerned with making too much noise to attract zombies. This was important because we needed to lay flat under the sink and in order to do so, had to kick a hole in the divider. I think my mom was hiding in a hole in the floor under some floorboards. Unlike most of my dreams, this one was in shades of gray. I also distinctly remember trying to lay perfectly still so the zombies wouldn't find us. This was an interesting note since I was physically in a really awkward position and utterly unwilling to move.

The next night I had some dream about playing hockey with Pokemon looking characters. This dream was in color and everything seemed to be in anime. Weird. There were penguins and weird aardvark/ armadillo looking animals on little ice skates pushing a ball around. Actually it was probably more of a cross between curling and hockey. There weren't pucks, but def nets and face off circles. I played goalie for part of the dream and then it became this crazed free for all, when the net tenders were pulled and playing as another player and an extra player was on the ice. I think there was even a baby rhino in there somewhere.

I'm sure this has something to do with moving and uprooting my life. They are really entertaining to think back on, but they are SO exhausting! Wonder what I will dream about tonite....!

No comments: