Thursday, July 2, 2009

Relief- none in sight

Applications submitted- check
Interviews completed- check
Admitted to schools- check
Deposit submitted- check
Resignation given- check
Work wrapped up- check
Belongings stored- check
Last day complete- check

I keep waiting for this feeling of relief to come- satisfaction that I completed something- like the way you felt playing Super Mario Brothers and opened up a new stage. Throughout all of this, I kept thinking that at any given moment or stage in this whole process, busy season included too, that at one point I'd feel good about what I had done and that I had accomplished something. I got accepted into several programs. I was offered a scholarship. I'm going to Georgetown. That feeling has yet to hit me. I'm still waiting for it.

If anything has hit me, it is UTTER EXHAUSTION. The stress of wrapping up my work and moving has manifested itself in organizing things and cleaning things. Now that I finally put the last of my belongings that I won't need in July into storage, I'm STILL waiting for that feeling of accomplishment and relief and LOOKING FORWARD to it.

I contend that moving back to the FL will finally bring some relief and peace of mind. But I suspect that it might not really come until I'm moved into DC-- still several weeks down the road. I've never considered myself to be a dramatic person, but this sure does feel dramatic. ridiculous and self-inflicted.

Here's to hoping that sun and sand and family brings relief and relaxation.

No comments: